About DIONY TENDAI BANDA
Academic Level Master’s Degree
Age 38 - 42 Years
An academically and professional astute business developer, marketer, administrator and communications personal with passion for business development, marketing, communications, public relations, business administration, brand positioning, brand promotion, creative marketing, relationship management, and stakeholder engagement.
I have worked for Rainbow Tourism Group (RTG) where I was in charge of brand exposure and sales management. At the Harare City Council, I was a public relations generalist.
Currently, my responsibility involves seeking new business opportunities for the organization that i wok for, market research, business growth, brand management, advertising management, digital marketing, strategic marketing, events management and relationship management among other related activities in the Higher and Tertiary Education Industry for the Zimbabwe Open University.
My previous experience in the hospitality, local government, and tertiary education allowed me to develop and implement best practices within the Marketing and Communication field.
I am hard working and open-minded, always looking for the best in the communications and marketing profession and enjoy coaching and developing people (teamwork) in companies I work for.
2010 - 2012
Zimbabwe Open University
Peace, Leadership and Conflict resolution management is required in everyday business to business operations. The degree programme gave me the opportunity to understand people management, how to solve conflicts from micro to macro levels in any given situations, it also gave me an appreciation of the various facets of government and how the interact with communities, business and other countries in general.
2002 - 2007
Midlands State University
The degree program was done in four years. I specialized in Marketing. The degree program was an eye opener to my career ambitions.
2008 - 2009
Harare City Council
Press management, media bookings, advertising, management of corporate functions, report writing,
2007 - 2008
Rainbow Tourism Group
reservations office management
Front office management
2010 - Present
Zimbabwe Open University
• Designed and implemented the communications and marketing plan strategy for the University.
• Directed and evaluated communications plans for the organization
• Provided logistical support to communications and marketing initiatives and campaigns for press conferences, exhibitions, career guidance and annual university ceremonies.
• Communicated new products or products introduced by the University in both print and electronic media.
• Acted as the link person between the University and the media fraternity.
• Established relationships with stakeholders by organizing and participating in golf tournaments, conferences, exhibitions, and various University functions.
• Planned, coordinated and implemented events for the University such as exhibitions and awareness campaigns
• Contributed greatly to corporate social responsibility of the University through planning, implementing, and executing social responsibilities activities such as the ZOU/ Angel of Hope partnership.
• Monitored and responded to client queries and concerns through management of reception desk, switchboard operations, walk ins and social media platforms
• Developed content and stories for publication on the University various social media platforms
• Trained subordinates on the best communications and public relations strategies and customer care.