The incumbent will report to the Pro-Vice Chancellor (Research, Innovation and Enterprise Development).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining and growing the existing business projects for the University;
- Advising and spearheading the improvement of third-stream income generation in the University;
- Advising and spearheading creation of new ventures and collaborations for the University;
- Formulating policy that promotes a business culture at the University business units;
- Performing market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities;
- Screening potential business deals, market analysis, deal requirements, potential, financials, evaluating options and resolving internal priorities, recommending equity investments;
- Preparing budgets and continually track expenses, as well as make sure we’re on track to hit revenue targets;
- Supporting the commercialization of intellectual property in the University;
- Providing management with feedback on performance of ventures in the University;
- Sourcing and maintaining funding opportunities and other beneficial linkages;
- Performing any other duties assigned from time to time by the Pro-Vice Chancellor – Research, Innovation and Enterprise Development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies or Administration;
- Master’s Degree in Business Studies or Administration is an added advantage;
- A PhD in Business Studies or Administration is a distinct advantage;
- Three (3) years relevant post qualification experience;
- Experience at a University is an added advantage.
Candidates who do not have the stipulated requirements need not apply.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows:
- Visit zou.ac.zw and register to be able to apply online and applications should be in PDF format as a single document.
as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for