- Participate in the design, installation and support of LANs and WAN.
- Carrying out site surveys of buildings earmarked for LANs.
- Carrying out installation of LANs.
iii. Carrying out maintenance and upgrade work on LANs.
- Provide support to staff and students on the use of e-learning resources
- Train staff and students on accessing e-learning resources (online application and
- Attend to user queries/trouble shooting on the e-learning platform.
- Service, maintain and repair ICT equipment
- Accept job requests from staff and students.
- Complete ICT Job Card/iTop query for each job attended.
iii. File job card and dispatch repaired equipment to users.
- Carryout scheduled maintenance of ICT equipment 3 times a year
- Keep an updated ICT register at all times.
- Compile and submit an ICT asset disposal list after each scheduled maintenance.
- Install and configure hardware and software
- Install selected software on designated hardware.
- Configure hardware and software as requested.
iii. Completing ICT job card/installation record for each job attended.
- Run an elaborate back-up system that ensures that selected user data and
documents are archived/stored offline
- Backups of user data/documents on removable media.
- Backup logs recorded and filed.
iii. Backup media packaged and moved to secured storage place.
- Check the state of all critical devices and printers to ensure continuous functionality and access to services at all times
- Servers, routers, switches and printers’ status confirmed daily.
- Network connectivity and Internet availability 24/7.
iii. Network status reported on weekly basis.
- Provide sound technical support to the institution’s ICT users
- Train/coach users on the operations of selected software applications (Office
365, Pastel and ARIS).
- Attend to all users’ ICT application queries.
iii. Educate users on the best practices when using ICT equipment.
- Carryout ICT advocacy as guided by the ICT Policies.
- Performing any other relevant duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant technical field, from a recognised examination board such the Higher Education Examination Council (HEXCO); or
- City and Guilds Science, Computer Technicians Certified at advanced level or Part 2 level; and
At least two (2) years relevant post qualification experience.