About Petros Makuvaza
Academic Level Certificate
Age 23 - 27 Years
A bright talented and ambitious IT Support Technician with a strong technical background who possesses self-discipline and the ability to work with minimum supervision. Having exposure to a wide range of technologies and being able to play a key role in diagnosing hardware and software problems and ensuring that quality solutions meet business objectives. Possesses a good team spirit, is deadline-oriented, and can organize and present complex solutions clearly and accurately.
I am hungry to learn IT from the ground up and currently seek to work with a successful, established, or growing firm, where I can contribute my diverse skills and technical knowledge toward its success with room for learning and growth.
2017 - 2018
Institute Of Business Management And Information Technology (IBMIT)
Computer Applications Technology
-System Technologies -Internet Technologies -Network Technologies -Information Management -Social Implications
2015 - 2016
New York City Collegy
PC Engineering : Technical Support - SAQA ID: 78764
Fixing and repairing computers PC and laptop maintenance Software installation and support Hardware support Network configuration Network maintenance Network support Windows server installation and configuration
2021 - Present
Gonarezhou National Park
● Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Motorola Radio Network, and LoraWAN systems.
● Improving network operations and Motorola Radio Communication
● Troubleshoot problems, hardware, operating system, and application software (Evolution Pastel, Berlina Payroll, TROBnet), etc.
● Manage device security, endpoints, and network through Bitdefender Gravity Zone Control Centre.
● Carry out preventative maintenance of hardware equipment including cleaning equipment.
● Prepare IT Annual Operation Plan & IT Annual Budget
● Updating ICT inventory and ICT record keeping
● Creating and maintaining system back-ups
● Assist computer users with IT-related issues.
● Installation and configuring of network equipment including point-to-point links across the park
● Microsoft 365 ~ creating new user accounts and dealing with password and Authentication issues
● Managing Mikrotik queues and ensuring the network’s availability to all users across the park.
● Build code plugs and programming of Motorola Radios
● Test, repair, and maintain the base, mobile, and portable two-way radios and accessory equipment.
● Installing Base set radios at security pickets
● Preparing reports and documenting tower status, repairs and maintenance every month
● Installing and configuring VoIP phones
2018 - 2021
Bikita Rural District
Contract IT Technician
● Diagnosis and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software issues.
● Network support
● Repairing IT equipment and replacing parts
Honors & awards
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
* The Enterprise Security Architecture *The Enterprise Security Technology *Enterprise Resource Technology *Managing Risk in Projects *Cryptographic Techniques *Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity *Judgement And Decision Making
Mikrotik Network Management
*Configuring Mikrotik Kid Control *Configuring SMB on Mikrotik Routers *Configuring RoMON on Mikrotik Routers *Mikrotik System Cloud Backup *Mikrotik 4G LTE connection
Mikrotik with IPSEC VPN Tunneling
*IPSEC Protocol Suite *IPSEC modes Of Commination *Encryption Protocols: DES-3DES-AES-BLOWFISH-CAMELLIA-RSA-DH *Data Integrity - Hashing Algorithms (MD5-SHA256-SHA512) *Certificates For Remote Access IPSEC
*ITSM & Continual improvement *Principles and themes *Organizational Change Management *Effective Communication *Metrics & Measurements *CSI Approach
Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
*RF Signal and Antenna Concept *IEEE 802.11 *Spread Spectrum Technologies *WLAN Topologies WIFI Architecture *MAC Architecture *WLAN Architecture *WLAN Deployment *Troubleshooting *Security *Wireless Attacks *Site Survey *PoE
Advanced Computer Network Security
*ISO/OSI Model *TCP/IP Protocols *Wireless Networks *Network Security *Firewalls and Honeypots *Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems *Wireless Network Security *Physical security and Incident handling