About Edwin Muswere
Academic Level Master’s Degree
Age 28 - 32 Years
I am a dedicated, proactive and self-motivated individual with knowledge of business procedures and ability to coordinate the Organization’s operations to achieve the desired objectives. I am a successful finance, risk and insurance professional with extensive knowledge of risk management, strategic management, data analysis, insurance management and business development. I have more that 9 years working experience in the risk management field. I hold a BComm Degree in Insurance and Risk Management, a Master of Science Degree in Strategic Management, Executive Certificate in Investments & Portfolio Management and a Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety Management. In addition, I have good communication skills, am a team player , and am good in decision making and problem solving. I also possess good interpersonal and leaderships skills.
2021 - Present
Chinhoyi University of Technology
Fundamentals of Programming Statistical Analytics Data Base Management and Warehousing Data Visualization Techniques Machine Learning Techniques Econometric Analytics Big Data Analytics Business Ethics and Corporate governance Ethical Hacking and Digital forensics Logistics and Supply Chain Analytics Financial and Risk Analytics Business Intelligence Analytics Marketing and customer analytics Project Management Analytics
2020 - 2020
University of Zimbabwe
Occupational health and safety management Effective communication for quality health and safety at workplace Diseases and hazards identification & risk assessment Management and control of occupational hazards and risks at workplace Monitoring and evaluation of occupational health and safety systems
2019 - 2020
Chinhoyi University of Technology
Quantitative Management. Strategic Information Management and E- Business. Strategic Marketing Management. Management of Organizational Behaviour. Business Research Methods. Strategic Planning and Management Strategic Human Resources Management. Strategic Financial Management. Production & Operations Management Strategic Change Management. Corporate Governance and Business Ethics.
2018 - 2018
University of Zimbabwe
Investment institutions and markets Bond and Equity management strategies Portfolio management Marketing of financial services Risk Management (market risk, credit risk, operational risk management, financial analysis & financial risk)
2010 - 2014
Midlands State University
Enterprise Risk Management Financial Risk Management Insurance law Motor, life and health, property, liability, personal, aviation and marine Insurance. Corporate Finance Pension scheme design & administration Reinsurance Insurance Broking
2022 - Present
Insurance & Pensions Commission
• Responsible for the regulation of the designated portfolios
• Assessment of the soundness of risk management systems in place in regulated entities in the pensions industry with a view of implementing appropriate supervisory action in line with IPEC prudential standards.
• Monitoring and enforcing compliance by regulated entities with relevant laws and regulations, guidelines, directives and observance of international best practice by regulated persons;
• Conducting financial analysis on regulated entities with a view to assess the safety and soundness of the same.
• Conducting any other activities in terms of the Pensions and Provident Fund Act aimed at protecting the interests of policyholders, policy beneficiaries fund members, and beneficiaries as well as fostering an maintaining financial stability;
• Evaluating applications for prescribed asset status and recommending course of action to management;
• Recommending to management the requirements for the conduct of pensions business to ensure customers are treated fairly on an ongoing basis and monitoring adherence to the same requirements
• Assessing applications for registration of pension funds, fund administrators and insurance industry players, including mergers, transfer of business and amalgamations
• Contribute to the analysis and communication of key insights on the Zimbabwean Insurance and Pensions industry.
2016 - 2022
CBZ Insurance Company
• Processing of all classes of insurance claims including third party claims (TPPD, TPBI, PL)
• Auditing all claims monthly and compiling a report for the Claims Manager
• Carrying out monthly audit trails to ensure that there is proper allocation of re-insurance.
• Verification and analysis of data used in settling claims to ensure that claims are valid and settlements are made in accordance with company practices and processes
• Initiating reinsurance recoveries; facultative and excess of loss cash calls.
• Subrogation, salvage recoveries and claim reconciliations.
• Management of claims assessors.
• Attending to all queries related to client servicing and claims administration.
• Identification and reporting of suspected or fraudulent claims.
2015 - 2016
Cellmed Health Medical Fund
• Processing of medical claims
• Reviewing medical records as needed to verify accuracy of claims before they are processed
• Review medical and hospital claims for completeness and compliance with established policies and procedures
• Capturing claims into the Health Information Platform (HIP) system and correct any discrepancies as necessary.
• Conducting pre-authorisations for walk in clients and through the electronic channels.
• Process coordination of benefit claims for balance after primary insurance payment, deductibles or co-payments
• Identify high balance claims for management review and approval
• Checking for fraudulent claims.
• Attending to enquiries and queries from service providers and clients relating to claims
2014 - 2014
Zimnat Lion Insurance Company
• Underwriting all classes of insurance.
• Collect appropriate and accurate information required to assess potential clients and decide on the acceptable risk for a policy.
• Write insurance policies and preparing policy wordings
• Write quotes, determine premiums and coverage, and negotiate terms with brokers and clients.
• Conducting quality checks on underwriting policy documents before they are dispatched
• Reinsurance placements and acceptance to minimize company exposure to underwritten risks
• Portfolio performance analysis and recommending risk management interventions
• Retention of existing business and acquiring new business through broker and customer relationship management
• Handle queries from credit control departments, brokers and clients.
2022 - Present
Guardian Risk Management Consultancy
Assessing the adequacy of existing risk management systems and
recommending improvements where needed
Working with insurance companies to develop new policies and determine
Consulting with clients about creating, updating, and implementing safety
procedures for their businesses
Helping companies develop emergency response plans for natural disasters or
other emergencies that could disrupt operations
Conducting facility inspections to identify potential health and safety hazards
Coordinating with insurance companies to investigate claims and settle disputes
Performing risk assessments using statistical methods to evaluate the probability
of loss from specific events such as fire or theft
Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for an
organisation, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company
when risks occur
Performing risk assessments: Analysing current risks and identifying potential risks
that are affecting an organization
Performing risk evaluations: Evaluating an organization’s previous handling of
risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as
costs and legal requirements
Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (Educating the board of
directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads
understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals
understand their own accountability for individual risks)
Creating business continuity plans to limit risks
Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal
and external auditors
Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training to an